Sunday, February 26, 2012

Resto Seb

Resto sEb is named after its chef, Sebastien Houle.  M. Houle, who describes himself as tall and handsome, is a tireless self-promoter writing gastronomie articles in the local newspaper and conducting public cooking classes.  He's Tremblant's celebrity chef!

So is all the pomp and circumstance legit? sEb is definitely a first-rate fine dining experience.  You can dine a la carte, or enjoy a multi-course tasting menu with wine pairings.  The cuisine is exquisite and creative...I still remember the maple syrup soup I had for dessert.  Absolutely delicious and the first of anything like it I had ever seen...and I'm a foodie.

So I just have a couple of reservations (no pun intended).  One is that we've had inconsistent service, and the second is that the restaurant atmosphere doesn't work for me...it just feels ordinary.  This may sound a bit whiny, but if you're paying $300 for a meal with wine, everything should be exceptional.  All this said, I still recommend sEb for those who want new experiences in fine dining...the Tremblant region is blessed with haute cuisine and sEb is definitely part of that landscape.

Restaurant sEb
444, rue St-Georges
Mont-Tremblant, QC
J8E 3G4 Canada
819 429.6991

No comments:

Post a Comment